I have always been excited about this improv wall hanging and now I have the binding completely finished and it is ready to hang.
This began as a challenge on the 15 Minutes Play site (back in 2011!), and when I finished all of the traditional blocks, I really wasn’t that happy with them, so……I put them on my cutting table and chopped them to bits. Then sewed them back together!
Photo below was taken outside, but it will be a great addition to my living room, and I plan on hanging it today!
I used kona cotton solids, along with Kaffe Fassett fabrics from my stash (not from my scraps).
Here’s a picture of the six blocks that I made:
Here’s a picture of the blocks after I slashed them up and added solid strips:
Then I thought they definitely needed something more, so I again slashed into each block and added more kona cotton solids to each one.
The completed wall hanging top was machine quilted with Gutermann invisible thread. The finished hanging is 42″ x 29″. It is a perfect rectangle, although it doesn’t appear to be because it is hanging on hangers in the pictures and not flat against the wall.
Below is a picture taken inside, and as I mentioned, the first picture at the top of this post was taken outside in the sun.
I hope you like it too!!!